Terms and Conditions (T&C)
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the governing law is the local law.
Customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in UAE Dirhams.
The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account.
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
Payment Confirmation – Services
You will receive an email confirmation of your booking. If you do not wish to receive this confirmation, you do not need to enter your email address.
www.park.jubailisland.ae will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office ofForeign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of the United Arab Emirates.Multiple transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
Tickets Terms and Conditions
All tickets sold online are the property of JIIC. Entry and use of the Park is subject to specific product terms and conditions, our general terms and conditions and those set out below:
- Individuals entering the Park must hold a valid ticket which has been obtained from us, our website or an authorised third party.
- The entrance ticket and other entitlements remain our property and are not for re-sale, are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be exchanged for commercial gain. Tickets and other entitlements are void if altered.
- The ticket is valid for the period stated on its face.
- Your ticket is personal to you and may not be shared with others.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests (for example, group bookings), the buyer accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these terms and conditions are complied with by each person in the group. If you are an adult supervising minor child in the Park then you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of those minors.
- If you resell a ticket without our express consent, it will be void. By purchasing a ticket, you agree that the tickets are for the personal use of you and your party only, and will not be resold or transferred.
- Terms and conditions relating to ticket categories are available under Ticket section. .
- Additional terms and conditions apply to online purchases, please refer to conditions of sale.
1. Who is responsible for protecting your personal data?
JIIC currently manages and operates Jubail Mangrove Park.
JIIC operates the following website:
As the entity responsible for collecting your information when you use our services, JIIC is a Data Controller of your personal data to engage with our services. In certain circumstances, JIIC may also be acting as a Data Processor for your personal data.
This Policy is additional to and is not intended to override other notices we may provide to you or the terms of any contract that you have with us (for example, ticket terms and conditions) or any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws.
2. What personal data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
Information we collect directly from you
- Information that you personally provide to us when: registering for an account, purchasing our products and services, subscribing to our mailing lists, registering for attractions, making a telephone booking or enquiry, completing a survey or taking part in promotional activities, applying for a job with us, engaging with us in our attractions, or contacting us via a contact us form, live chat or other means available on our websites or mobile apps.
- Depending on the attraction, website you are visiting and the activity you are undertaking, this information may include:
- your first name, last name, date of birth, nationality, gender, country of residence, city of residence, e-mail address, telephone number;
- your preferred language and information about your preferences or interests;
- general enquiry details and any other information or messages you decide to provide to us;
- for certain services, including where you are seeking to participate in physical activity, this may also include special categories of personal data such as information about your health (for example, your height and weight) and any medical conditions. For some activities we require completion of a medical waiver form, which includes a confirmation that you do not have certain medical conditions, in order to take part. We collect as little information as is necessary and this typically involves a simple confirmation that you do not have certain medical conditions as opposed to us collecting specific information about your medical history. However, if you disclose certain medical conditions, including a history of neck, back or heart problems, you will be required to evidence that you have been specifically cleared to participate in the activity by providing a valid doctor’s note;
- your credit or debit card and transaction details if you make a payment for our products and services on any of our websites or mobile apps, which are provided directly to our payment solution provider via a secured connection (we do not store your payment information or provide it to any other third parties, and neither does our third party provider).
3. How do we use your personal data?
To respond to you and perform the contract
- We will use your information to process and respond to your requests, reservations or queries, when you register, subscribe or contact us, and to provide access to restricted parts of our websites or mobile apps if required. Where you purchase our services we use your information to enter and perform our contract with you.
To improve our products and services
- We use your information to provide content on our websites and mobile apps in the most effective way. Your information allows us to identify you as a user, remember your preferences and deliver an enhanced digital experience. Such data is not retained beyond your visit of the respective website page or mobile app, but may be kept in log files to allow us to maintain and improve our website or mobile app.
To keep our services secure
- Your information may be used to detect, investigate, prevent and rectify potential errors in our technology and against potential cyber-attacks or other abuse of our technology, and to prevent or mitigate any damages that may have been caused by such abuse.
- We may notify you of any changes or updates to your current services or subscriptions. For example, security alerts or important support or administration messages.
- We may have to process your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, where required by applicable laws.
- We may use your information for our business purposes; for example, to carry out data analytics to assess consumer demands and trends.
Internal business reasons
- We may also use your personal information for other internal business reasons; for example, for training staff.
Aggregated or anonymised data
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
In most cases, we process your data at your request in order to enter into a contract with you and to perform our contract obligations (for example, to process your booking and issue your tickets). If the processing is not related to a contract, we will process your information on one of the following basis:
- based on your explicit consent for us to do so (for example, when you have subscribed or opted in to our mailing lists or promotions);
- as required to comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations (for example, to resolve disputes or enforce contracts);
- as required to support the legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to carry out analytics and to improve and market our products and services), provided always that such processing is carried out in a way that respects your privacy rights.
5. Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your information with third parties who provide a service to us. We do this where it is necessary for the service provider to have access to your information and solely for the purpose of them delivering that service to us. An example of this is when you purchase a service from us your payment details are processed by a third party payment solution provider.
Our service providers include:
- IT companies (e.g. hosting providers);
- WiFi providers;
- Payment solution providers;
- Marketing or communication providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Survey or market research providers;
- Professional advisers or auditors;
Other third parties
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to our employees who require access to perform their responsibilities as part of their employment (for example, data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved with the operation of our services from our administration, IT, sales, marketing or legal teams);
- to any of the companies in our group, including our holding company and its subsidiaries, and their employees who require access;
- if required by applicable laws or regulations;
- to government or supervisory bodies or agencies in response to their legitimate requests, or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, even if such disclosure is not mandatory under law;
- if you explicitly requested or authorised us to do so;
- in the event we sold part of our business, we would need to transfer your information to the acquiring company.
We only share the information that is necessary for the required purpose so we do not disclose all of the information you provide to us and we do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
Aggregated or anonymised data may be shared with our service providers, affiliates or other third parties for the purpose of analytics and to improve products and services.
6. Links to third party websites
You may have accessed one of our websites by clicking a link on a third party website; for example, you may have clicked a link on one of our partners’ websites and were then redirected to our website.
We also integrate our websites or mobile apps with third party products (for example, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter) to enable us to measure the performance of our websites and website content, present personalised offers and enable you to share, like and recommend pages to others via social media.
We store your personal data in a centralised database hosted in the cloud, and affiliates or partners might have access to this database where such entities make use of personal data. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or account details (as may be applicable from time to time) and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.